Employee Events and Resources
Below you will find events and resources available to our employees.
How would you like an extra $500 for referring someone you know towards a rewarding job at Corvilla? It's easy, let the people in your social circle know about the great jobs available here at Corvilla, tell them to apply online at www.corvilla.org, and ask them to add your name to who referred them to Corvilla. The bonus is affective upon hire of any and all individuals that name you as a referral. If you have any further questions, contact Jill Corley at Jcorley@corvilla.org.
First Annual Corvilla Weight Loss Challenge 2018
Welcome to the start of a new you! We are excited to start our first annual Corvilla weight loss challenge for 2018! Below you will find out more information about how this weight loss challenge will work as you become a healthier you.
Follow these simple steps to get started and finish with success:
- First get a team of four people together and decide who will be team captain, maybe that will be you? Between the four of you, decide what your team name will be. Also, collect $5 per person as an official entry fee.
- Next, contact Lisa Kay via email by 4:00 pm on January 30, 2018 at Lkay@corvilla.org and let her know who your team members are, your team name, and who will be reporting the weekly group weight to Lisa as team captain.
- Then, on January 31, 2018 your team will have their first weigh in at the Feed the Hungry warehouse located at 61250 Ironwood Drive, South Bend, IN 46614. You can weigh in at 7:30 am or 2 pm. All group members must be there so that all four of you can weigh in at the same time on a large industrial scale to get your total team starting weight. Group pics will be taken. Also, at this time, all entry fees must be collected and given to Lisa Kay. The money's collected will be added to the final team prize money.
- You and your team members will get helpful tips and recipes when joining our Corvilla weight loss challenge Facebook page.
- Each Thursday your team captain will report to Lisa the total group weight lost with the final weigh April 20, 2018 at the Feed the Hungry warehouse (time TBD) where all teams will learn the team and individual winners.
- Please note: If you would like to be included in the run for individual weight loss winner your beginning and ending individual weight will need to be recorded at the times of the weigh ins.
Each participant will receive a Corvilla Drinking Cup at your weigh in.
Overall Weight Loss Team Winner will receive the entry money PLUS an added contribution to the monetary prize from Corvilla!
Overall Weight Loss Individual Winner will receive 6 month FREE membership at Anytime Fitness on Bittersweet Road and 5 FREE personal training sessions at this location only.
Q: Can I sign up as an individual if I do not have a group of 4 people?
A: Yes, you would be qualified for the individual prize package which is a 6 month FREE membership at Anytime Fitness on Bittersweet Road and 5 FREE personal training sessions.
Q: How do I gain support during the challenge?
A: Join our Facebook Group page! We will be sharing tips and recipes that will help you get the support you need. It is a private group so let Lisa know you would like to join the group and she will add you, LKay@corvilla.org
Q: When does our team repost our weight for that week?
A: Every Thursday to Lisa Kay. You can email her the updates at LKay@corvilla.org
Here are a couple recipe ideas using Greek yogurt, which is not very tasty when eaten plain:
Jello Fluff 1 small box sugar-free jell, any flavor 12 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt 1 cup boiling water ½ cup cold water Mix Jello with hot water, stir until dissolved. Once dissolved, add cold water, followed by Greek yogurt. Divide into 4 servings Nutritional info: 20 calories, 1 g carbs, 4 g protein, 57 mg sodium
Delicious Greek Yogurt Add-Ins 1 32-oz tub nonfat Greek yogurt 1 small box sugar-free, fat-free vanilla or cheesecake pudding (try any flavor, as long as it’s sugar free!) Fresh fruit Empty tub of yogurt into medium bowl. Stir in pudding powder until it is mixed thoroughly. Can add any fresh fruit. This dessert tastes like custard or cheesecake filling. Nutritional info: serving size: 2/3 cup, 0 Fat, 60 g Sodium, 7 g carbs, 17 g protein, 7 g sugar
Another delicious way to eat Greek yogurt is to simply sprinkle sugar-free Jello right into the yogurt, (according to your taste) Stir until dissolved. You can add fresh fruit to this also. Limit your portion to 2/3 cup. That’s the difficult part!
Have Fun and Get Healthy this year with Corvilla! Best of Luck to all of our teams!